REALTEC Pte. Ltd. and REALTEC Engineering Sdn. Bhd. (collectively called “REALTEC”) are committed to integrating good business code of conduct and sustainability into its customer relationship, supply chain management and procurement process. REALTEC strives to do business with Customers and Suppliers that embrace our sustainability commitment and are aligned to REALTEC’s core values and business code of conduct (hereinafter referred to as “REALTEC Principles”).
REALTEC’s employees are expected to adhere to the REALTEC Principles during their daily activities and dealings with others, both internally and externally. We require the commitment from every employee to uphold REALTEC Principles.
We expect our Suppliers (i.e. vendors and subcontractors) to adopt socially responsible practices and meet the necessary standards with respect to human rights, labour management, social responsibility, occupational health and safety, security, environmental sustainability and business ethics.
We aim to procure goods and services at the best terms, assessing total life cycle, cost, quality and sustainability. We will work together in partnership with our Suppliers to make a positive difference in the supply chain.
All our Suppliers are expected to adhere to the minimum standards as set out in this Business Code of Conduct (BCC) and to comply with all laws and regulations of all countries in which they operate.
Our Suppliers are responsible for ensuring that this BCC is disseminated to all their employees, subcontractors and other relevant third parties. If required under the circumstances, training in the local language must be carried out by our Supplier so as to ensure that all employees and third parties involved in the project related to REALTEC fully understand the principles of this BCC.
Code of Conduct
Do not offer or accept bribes. Do not solicit gifts, entertainment or seek favours or preferential terms for personal benefit from any business partners.
Before giving a gift or engaging in customer entertainment, make sure that you comply with the applicable legal requirements, the customer’s own rules and REALTEC’s policies.
Never offer, promise, pay or authorise anything of value to a government official or employee of a customer to obtain or retain an improper advantage.
Our Suppliers are expected not to practise or tolerate any form of corruption, extortion or embezzlement. Our Suppliers shall at times comply with all applicable anti‐bribery, anti‐corruption, money laundering laws and counter financing of terrorism laws.
Our Suppliers shall also cause each of their subcontractors and/or suppliers and their employees to comply with all applicable anti‐bribery, anti‐corruption, money laundering laws and counter financing of terrorism laws.
Our Suppliers shall not authorize, request, receive or accept any improper advantage in order to retain business or gain any advantage in the conduct of business with REALTEC (e.g. making any direct or indirect payments of a corrupt nature in order to obtain or maintain business or provide any facilitation payments etc.). This applies regardless of whether improper advantage is offered directly through an intermediary.
Our Suppliers shall not take any action that could result in REALTEC or its clients becoming subject to any action, penalty or loss under any anti‐bribery and/or anti‐corruption laws.
Our Suppliers shall not make and shall ensure that their officers, directors, commissioners, representatives, employees will not make any payment, loan or gift, or give, offer or promise anything of value, directly or indirectly, to or for the benefit of any REALTEC’s employee or members of their families/household.
Our Suppliers shall also cause each of their subcontractors and/or suppliers and their employees not to make any payment, loan or gift, or give, offer or promise anything of value, directly or indirectly, to or for the benefit of any REALTEC’s employee or members of their families/household.
Our Suppliers shall also remain politically neutral and not be involved in political activities. Our Suppliers shall not make contributions that include paying wages of an employee working for a party or candidate during normal working hours and shall not use REALTEC facilities or resources for the benefit of a political party, candidate or organisations that it is directly or indirectly connected to.
Our Suppliers are expected to understand and be aligned to REALTEC’s Code of Business Conduct and this Supplier Code of Conduct in all their business dealings with REALTEC.
Gifts, Hospitality & Expenses
Our Suppliers shall not offer, directly or indirectly, promise or give to our employees or representatives or anyone closely related to them any gifts, including, but not limited to merchandise, entertainment, payments comprising cash or the equivalent, and other tangible or intangible objects of nominal value except for promotional items of minimal value normally bearing a company logo.
Human Rights & Labour
Provide a fair, safe, inclusive and equitable workplace for all employees. Preserve and respect human rights in our operating locations. Ensure practices such as child labour, forced labour, human trafficking or slavery are not present in any form in our operating locations.
Our Suppliers shall comply with the relevant national and local employment legislations throughout their supply chain and shall respect the human rights of their employees and workforce and to treat them with dignity and respect.
Our Suppliers shall take effective measures to ensure that their practices are consistent with the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (2011) and the International Labour Organization (ILO) core standards. These shall include, but are not limited to:
- Not using forced, bonded, indentured or any other involuntary labour;
- Not discriminating against or harassing any individual based on race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, HIV status, health status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or political affiliation and to foster an inclusive work environment free of harassment and discrimination;
- Not subjecting employees to physical, sexual, psychological or verbal harassment or abuse;
- Avoiding unsafe working conditions by providing sufficient rest periods during the workday and honour agreed upon days off from work and maximum working hours, in line with the respective legislations;
- Respecting employees’ rights to organise and bargain collectively;
- Not withholding any government‐issued identification, passports or work permits as a condition of employment;
- Meeting or exceeding all legal requirements for compensation and working conditions and to provide the local legal minimum wage and benefits. Wages should be paid regularly, on time and be fair in respect of work performance. Working time periods must not exceed the legal limit, and should be modified where relevant to reflect any particular hazards or risks of the work being done. Employees should be properly compensated for overtime according to the law and within legal working hour limits;
- Respecting workers’ rights to make informed decisions free of coercion, threat of reprisal or unlawful interference regarding their desire to join or not join organisations;
- Granting the employees their stipulated annual leave and sick leave without any repercussions, and should be able to take their stipulated maternity or paternity leave in accordance with national and local laws; and
- Not employing any person under the local legal minimum employment age.
Environmental Responsibility and Sustainability
REALTEC does not procure raw materials, parts and products that contain unsustainable substances which can cause environmental risks or health issues over time. We require our Suppliers to exercise due diligence to ensure that they/their suppliers do not use these harmful materials in the production of the materials, parts and products supplied.
Our Suppliers shall operate their business in an environmentally sustainable and responsible manner that is in line with national and local legislation. These shall include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the environmental impacts of their operations including natural resource consumption, materials sourcing, waste generation, wastewater discharges and air emissions;
- Preventing accidental releases of hazardous materials into the environment and adverse environmental impacts on the local community; and
- Implementing programmes to ensure products do not contain restricted or banned materials.
Wherever feasible, our Suppliers shall provide products with Singapore Green Label, the Energy Label (the Energy Labelling Scheme by National Environment Agency) and other environmental‐friendly products. Preference shall be given to environmental‐friendly packing material.
Train and develop all employees according to their respective needs so that they can achieve their full potential.
Thriving customers, employees and communities lead to better business and healthier long‐term growth. Purposeful actions by companies will foster a vibrant economy and society through sustainable employment practices and encouraging innovation. We want to play our part.
- Our employees are critical to our success. We will compensate them according to performance, providing important benefits for their wellbeing and training and education support to keep their skills and knowledge up‐to‐date. We offer a work environment that treats every employee with respect and dignity.
- Mature employees are valued assets. We will redesign roles to fit their strengths and abilities and make best endeavour to help them contribute their best to the business.
- Fair and ethical contracts are essential for businesses to grow together. We will be good partners to our suppliers, large and small, and the individuals that we engage.
- We can learn from each other. We will share our best practices in sustainable employment to help Singapore move towards a more caring and inclusive society. We pledge to make at least one improvement to our practices in sustainable employment every 12 months.
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE)
Provide a safe, secure and healthy workplace to employees, contractors, suppliers and business partners. Conserve natural resources through the effective implementation of the HSE policy in various aspects of our business.
REALTEC’s Suppliers are required to uphold high standards of health, safety and environment not only for the products and services delivered but also in the conduct of their daily business operations.
Our Suppliers shall strictly comply with all safety rules and regulations of REALTEC. All goods and services supplied by the Supplier shall be in compliance with the latest Health, Safety and Environmental statutory requirements and must be 100% non‐asbestos and non‐HCFC materials.
Our Suppliers shall submit the latest Safety Data Sheet (SDS) in 16‐sections format, product and warning label as per the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS), loss control information and specification/ certificates along with the hazardous substances and chemicals at the time of their delivery.
Preserve and ensure quality and reliability of all business information and data. Use systems and controls to protect information assets and store information consistently and correctly.
Respect privacy of individuals and protect personal information that we have collected and processed while conducting our business. Make timely and unbiased financial and transaction reporting and apply approved rules to classify transactions and balances appropriately.
Our Suppliers shall comply with principles and all applicable laws and regulations relating to personal data and privacy, including but not limited to those related to the collection, use, distribution, destruction, and other processing of personal data (i.e. any data about an identified or identifiable individual).
Our Suppliers are required to have an established information security system to protect REALTEC’s and its customers’ and/or employees’ information from being disclosed, changed, destroyed or used for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was provided.
Export Controls / Sanctions
REALTEC is committed to complying with restrictions that apply to its business and operations, which may include sanctions and embargoes which prohibit or limit REALTEC’s ability to operate in certain countries and locations, do business with sanctioned entities or individuals, etc.
As a general rule, our Suppliers shall not directly or indirectly provide to REALTEC any material or service in violation of sanctions imposed by Singapore, the United Nations, United States or the European Union, and other regional, unilateral, and multilateral regulations that restrict transactions with specific foreign entities, persons or countries.
Examples of sanctioned countries are Syria, Cuba, Iran, Sudan and North Korea. Examples of entities and persons include, but are not limited to, terrorists, organisations that fund terrorists, and/or parties guilty of trade violations (often included in lists such as the Specially Designated Nationals and Blocker Persons List (SDN), Sectoral Sanctions Identifications (SSI) List and the consolidated list of persons, groups and entities subject to EU financial sanctions).
Our Suppliers shall also comply with the trade regulation laws of the country or legal subdivision in which they operate.
Supplier Declaration Form
Our Suppliers are expected to sign a ‘Supplier Declaration Form’ as part of the Supplier registration, qualification and evaluation process. The terms of this form may be amended from time to time.
We may carry out audits in respect of any Supplier’s compliance with this document and we expect the Supplier’s cooperation in this regard, including by granting timely access to documentation and premises available at the site of the Supplier or any of its subcontractors.
Failure to comply with internationally recognised standards, and the standards set forth in this BCC may result in the termination of the Supplier’s contract and relationship with REALTEC.
We expect any of our employee, customers or business partners and suppliers to immediately report any suspected misconduct related to REALTEC’s business or its employees by using one of the following channels:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Send a hard copy letter to REALTEC management representative at 10 Admiralty Street, #03‐88/89 North Link Building, Singapore 757695; or
- Call the Managing Director (Tel: +65 6753 8878).
- This page contains the personal data protection and privacy policies adopted by REALTEC Pte. Ltd. and REALTEC Engineering Sdn. Bhd. (collectively called “REALTEC”) in conducting its business activities and governing the use of their websites (“the Site”) in accordance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
- REALTEC respects the privacy of individuals and recognises the need to treat personal data in an appropriate and lawful manner and is committed to comply with its obligations.
- REALTEC may change some parts or all the contents of this policy from time to time, and you are advised to check the content of this policy on a regular basis.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POLICY
- This policy sets out REALTEC rules on data protection and the legal conditions that must be satisfied in relation to the collecting, handling, processing, storage, transportation and destruction of personal data as required by the regulations that we are governed by.
- If you consider that this policy has not been followed in respect of personal data about you or others, please contact our Data Protection Officer as soon as possible.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
By providing your personal data to REALTEC, you are deemed to have given consent to REALTEC to collect, use or disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing a range of services offered by REALTEC
- Providing information regarding enquiries submitted through email or online form
- Delivering information regarding news, promotional materials, publications, and events
- Internal record keeping
- Market research to improve our services
- Application of job position within REALTEC
- Managing or terminating an employment relationship between REALTEC and an individual
For the purposes stated above, REALTEC may collect some or all the following personal information via website, emails, telephone, application form, administrative form, or other means:
- NRIC/FIN/Passport Number
- Marital status
- Academic qualifications
- Date of birth
- Company name
- Job title/profession
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Demographic information such as address, postal code, preferences, and interests
- Financial information such as bank account or credit/debit card numbers
- Employment history, experience, and track records.
- IP address (automatically collected when you access the Site)
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected when you access the Site)
- Operating system (automatically collected when you access the Site)
- A list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected when you access the Site); and
- Cookie information
Unless consent has been explicitly obtained otherwise, we do not:
- Use your data for automated decision‐making or profiling; or
- Unless consent has been explicitly obtained otherwise, we do not collect or process sensitive data, such as data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
- If at any time we decide to collect, use or disclose your personal data in a different manner to the purposes set out above, we will request your consent to the additional purpose in writing, which you may refuse to give at your discretion.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Any personal data supplied by you will be retained by REALTEC if necessary, according to our internal policy for the fulfilment of the purposes stated above or is required to satisfy legal regulatory or service requirements.
- We will cease to retain your personal data once it is reasonable to assume that the purposes for collection of such data is no longer required for legal or business purposes.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENTS
- You may at any time opt‐out or withdraw any consent given by contacting the Data Protection Officer.
- In the event you withdraw your consent to REALTEC, REALTEC shall cease to process your personal data within five working days upon receiving your withdrawal request. Please note that once consent is withdrawn, your request for any of the above purposes may as well be cancelled, and hence we will not be able to fulfil our service or employment obligation to you.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION TO PERSONAL DATA
- You may request for your personal data to be updated or corrected by contacting our Data Protection Administrator.
- Within a reasonable time upon receiving your request, REALTEC shall:
- Provide you with a copy of your personal data under our custody and/or other relevant information in accordance with the Act; or
- Correct your personal data as soon as practicable and inform you that the correction has been made to your personal data; or
- Inform you that your request to access or correct your personal data is rejected if the request was made in circumstances where such access or correction is prohibited or not required.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
- REALTEC shall make a reasonable effort to ensure that personal data collected by or on behalf of REALTEC is accurate.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Generally accepted standards of technology and operational security have been implemented to protect personal data under REALTEC’ custody from unauthorised access, improper use, or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
- All personnel of REALTEC are required to keep personal data confidential and only authorised persons have access to such information.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
- Unless we are obliged or permitted to do so, your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent.
- In the event of disclosing personal data to third parties to a territory outside of Singapore, REALTEC shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that such third parties will provide a comparable standard of protection to your personal data. However, REALTEC does not provide any warranty or take any responsibility of any misuse undertaken by third parties.
- The Site contains links to other websites. REALTEC is not responsible for the privacy policies of third‐party web sites to which links are provided. You should check the privacy policies on these sites before providing any personal information. This privacy statement relates only to information contained on, or gathered via, the Site.
- This Policy shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.
CONTACT OUR DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
- Should you have a complaint or require more information about how we manage your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer
REALTEC Pte Ltd
10 Admiralty Street #03‐88/89,
North Link Building, Singapore 757695
Tel: (65) 6753 8878
Fax: (65) 6753 8280